The union have now got some more troops. I had forgot that the cavalry could dismount so I still need to do some dismounted cavalry. The bases are done and I thought that I would tell you how I do this.
Here are the finished division commander. But he is not ready for the board just jet. So here we go:
All the bases on the miniature are done. Now starts the making of the larger base were I can put my labels.
I start with cutting out some OH-paper to the base sizes I intend to use.
This time I used a different kind of base that made this process more easy. Earlier I have used a base made of white plastic that I needed to paint the edges on and cut to size. Now I bought bases from Pendraken and they are excellent. The edges are a bit darker and the base is about 1mm higher but I can live with that ;). Here are a final picture of all the new troops.